Online Tournament Entry – tennislink.usta.com is the online entry provider for the tournament for USTA members.
Enter in the tournament ID# 700019713 under quick search
Players may sign up for one singles event and one doubles event (it is strongly encouraged/recommended that you play singles and doubles in the same division). If you do not have a partner, we will attempt to pair you up, but cannot guarantee to do so.
Total number of entries is limited by pre-determined draw sizes in accordance with USTA/ITF guidelines as follows:
Men’s Open Main Draw – 32
Men’s Open Second – 16
Men’s A / B / C – 16
Women’s Open Main Draw – 24
Women’s Open Second - 16
Quad Open Main – 16
Quad Open Second - 16
Scott Dockter, Chairperson
Laurie Draper, Tournament Director
Dunwoody Country Club
1600 Dunwoody Club Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
- A / B / C Draws will be posted at www.usta.com on Tuesday, April 30 - tournament ID is 700019713. Players are responsible for confirming match times.
- Open Sign in Deadline is 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 30.
- Open Singles draws will be made at 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, at the Tournament Hotel
- Open Singles - best 2 out of 3 sets, 12 point tiebreak at 6-all.
- All other singles and doubles matches: Tie break if split sets
- First match consolations for singles event only
- Tournament reserves the right to change the format if necessary
Code Of Conduct: USTA Code of Conduct – A / B / C ; ITF Code of Conduct – Men’s/Women’s/Quad Open
No Show/Default: A 15 minute no show/default rule will be strictly enforced
Dress Code: Appropriate tennis attire is required (no cut-offs, jeans, tank tips or beachwear). Appropriate tennis shirts are strongly recommended (required for Main/Second divisions).
Balls: Penn Tennis Balls
Court Surface: Hard Courts
Practice Courts: Available on a limited basis (sign-up sheet at tournament desk)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner available each day
- Players Banquet, Friday, May 3rd.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages available at tournament site
Repair Station: Provided on-site at tournament by Eagles Sports Chairs (available throughout tournament.) Parts (tires, tubes, etc.) will be available for purchase.
Massage/Medical: Massage will be available throughout the tournament. First-aid kit will be located at the tournament desk.
Atlanta Open Tennis Championships
Wednesday, May 1 - Sunday, May 5, 2013
Dunwoody Country Club
A Part of the NEC Wheelchair Tennis Tour
- Hilton Garden Inn (official tournament hotel, mention Atlanta Open Wheelchair Championships)
- Telephone: 404-459-0500 or 1-800-HILTONS
- Rate: $90.00 + tax single/double (rate includes parking, breakfast and dinner during the tournament)
- Bathroom door width is approximately 27”
Reservation Deadline – Monday, April 15, 2013
REMINDER: PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING THEIR OWN LODGING ARRANGEMENTS. ROOM BLOCK IS ON A FIRST COME – FIRST SERVED BASIS. RESERVATIONS FOR ROOM BLOCK AT TOURNAMENT RATE MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2013
1650 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway,
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Transportation: Complimentary transportation will be provided during the tournament via vans. This service is only available as follows:
- Tuesday, April 30; MARTA N8 Medical Center Station to the Tournament Hotel - Hilton Garden Inn
- Wednesday, May 1 - Saturday, May 4; shuttles between the Hilton Garden Inn and the Tournament site
- Sundaay, May 5; Hilton Garden Inn to the MARTA N8 Medical Center Station
Ground Transportation from the Airport:
ATLANTA HARTSFIELD JACKSON AIRPORT TO - N8 MEDICAL CENTER MARTA STATION
MARTA is easily accessible directly from the airport terminals:
- Follow signs to Ground Transportation
- Follow signs to the MARTA North Line
- Board a train marked North Springs
- Exit at station marked N8 Medical Center Station
- For assistance and information at the airport, an Airport Information and Ground Transportation Center is conveniently located outside baggage claim next to Hertz Car Rental. For assistance and additional information about MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) please visit http://www.itsmarta.com/.
MARTA Mobility / Paratransit Van Service:
(NOTE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR PARTICIPANT TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL - ADVANCE RESERVATION REQUIRED)
With pre-registration, MARTA Mobility/Paratransit offers curb to curb service in a wheelchair accessible van for as little as US $3.60 each way. To register and reserve transportation to/or from the airport or hotel, contact Cindy Vaughan at 770-280-0089 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If you have used this service before, let her know you are already in their system.
Shuttle and Taxi Service
- - Hilton Garden Inn Shuttle – the hotel also runs a complimentary shuttle (NO LIFT) from the North Springs station to the hotel available daily 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Call the hotel from the MARTA Station for pickup: 404-459-0500.
- Atlanta Superior Shuttle - local provider of transportation to and from the airport. Rate approximately $30; cash and major credit cards accepted. For reservations call 770-457-4794. Website: www.atlsuperiorshuttle.com NO LIFT VANS AVAILABLE.
- Allstate Limo & Taxi –Lincoln Town Cars or regular vans available. For reservation call Ernest at 404-966-9481.NO LIFT VANS AVAILABLE.